1.23.2009

Sourdough pizza!


I am obsessed with tasty pizza. Last week, I became so overwhelmed with the work of Peter Reinhart and Nancy Silverton that I decided to develop my wild starter (an offshoot of my mum's Ames colony) into a pizza dough. The results were unexpectedly delicious. Those busy little Twin Cities fungi and bacteria produced a crispy yet chewy crust with surprising sweetness and the slightest hint of acidic tang. Combined with a sesame-parsley pesto, it was a near-perfect pizza experience!

For all you neo-Neapolitan pizza aficionados out there, here's an ECU of the burnished crust:


as well as a bad photo of the porous, slightly transparent crumb:

4 comments:

Steve Tank said...

So....You're excited about your pizza? Maybe a little?

Trevor said...

Maybe a little.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying a quality beer while creating that epic pie.

 
Clicky Web Analytics